Peace Wall

In 1993, Sr. Joanne Schuster built a Peace Wall on the property of the mansion at Mercy-Mt. Airy Hospital site as part of the Holistic Health Center. The Peace Wall was to provide a space for people who wished to take some time to pray for peace. The wall has the word "peace" in Chinese, Navajo, Arabic, Russian, French, Latin, Portuguese, English, German and Hebrew to express unity of all people.

 The background on the wall depicts earth, water, sun, moon, stars and a whale to reflect all of creation. The center has a large dove in a circle to represent peace. It was moved to the grounds of St. Clare in the fall of 2010.

Grotto
A temporary grotto to Our Lady of Lourdes was erected on the grounds soon after the Sisters moved to St. Clare. The current replica of the famous Lourdes Grotto with the statue of Mary and St. Bernadette was blessed on October 24, 1948, a gift of Sr. Innocenta's parents, Patrick and Mary Ellen Donnelly, as is stated on the plaque.